Recipe: Heavenly Haloumi
Grilled Cedar street buffalo Haloumi and Honeydew Melon Salad with mint and walnut pesto
Buffalo Haloumi is available at the Cedar Street Cheese stall at the Noosa Farmers’ Market every Sunday from 7am until 12noon
• 150gm Buffalo Haloumi, cut into 5mm slices
• 1 honeydew melon, 1/2 scooped into balls, 1/2 cut into strips
• 80gm walnuts, roasted
• 1/2 cup mint leaves + leaves to serve
• 1/2 cup flat parsley leaves
• 1 clove garlic
• 100ml extra virgin olive oil
• 20ml lemon juice
• salt and pepper
Place half of the walnuts, the mint, parsley, garlic, olive oil, lemon Juice and salt and pepper into the bowl of a food processor and blend until fine.
Lightly oil the slices of haloumi and grill or fry until golden.
Spoon a tablespoon of pesto onto each of four plates and arrange the melon and haloumi on each.
Decorate with mint leaves and the remaining walnut halves.