Kingfish Sashimi with Pickled Japanese Pink Turnip and Celery, Miso Dressing, Sesame and Shiso
IN Noosa food writer, Matt Golinski dishes up a Kingfish Sashimi recipe for you to enjoy this summer.
- 400gm fresh Yellow Tail Kingfish, skin and bloodline removed
- 100gm Japanese pink turnips, finely julienned
- 100gm celery, julienned
- 30gm pickled ginger, finely julienned
- 50ml pickled ginger liquid
- ½ tsp salt
- 30gm white miso
- 30ml light soy sauce
- 15ml rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- ¼ cup shiso leaves
- Mix together the turnip, celery, pickled ginger, ginger juice and salt and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together the miso, soy, vinegar and sesame oil.
- Slice the kingfish across the grain into 3mm slices and arrange on a platter or individual plates.
- Drizzle with miso dressing and arrange pickled vegetables on top.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and fresh shiso leaves.
Wine to serve
2018 Chaffey Brothers ‘Not Your Grandma’s’ Riesling, Eden Valley SA $18-23
2018 Jim Barry McKay’s Single Vineyard Riesling, Clare Valley SA $30-35
2018 Lark Hill Riesling, ACT $45-50