Recipe: Tiger Prawn Salad
Tiger Prawns, Cucumber Bean Shoots, Roasted Peanuts & Chilli
This is a very fresh, summery salad which works well with any seafood. Crab meat, Moreton Bay bugs, scallops or fish could take the place of prawns, or you could just as successfully substitute chicken, park or beef.
• 750gm cooked tiger prawns, peeled, de-veined and halved
• 1 Lebanese cucumber, shredded
• 250gm bean sprouts
• 100gm peanuts, roasted
• 1 red chilli, finely sliced
• 1 golden shallot, finely sliced
• 200 gm cherry tomatoes, halved
• ½ cup Thai basil leaves
• ½ cup coriander leaves
• 60 ml lime juice
• 30 ml fish so sauce
• 2 tsp castor sugar
Whisk together the fish sauce, lime juice and castor sugar until the sugar has dissolved.
Mix together the prawns, cucumber, bean sprouts, peanuts, chilli, shallots, cherry tomatoes and herbs and dress with the lime dressing.
Simple and Sensational!