Recipe: Orrechiette with Ricotta, Noosa Reds Tomatoes and Bunya Red Capers
This simple recipe is full of flavour thanks to local ingredients.
Vegetarian, Gluten Free
400gm Orrechiette pasta
1lt Cooloola Milk
30ml white wine vinegar
75ml extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
300gm Noosa Reds mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
50gm Bunya Red capers, soaked in cold water for
75gm Parmesan, finely grated
½ cup flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
salt and pepper
- In a medium saucepan, heat the milk to 82°C. Remove from the heat and gently stir in the vinegar. The milk will split into curds and whey. Allow to sit for 10 minutes before scooping off the curds with a slotted spoon into a sieve. Allow the ricotta curds to drain for at least 30 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and cook the orrechiette for approximately 12 minutes. Drain well, lightly
coat with olive oil and spread out on a tray to cool.
- In a large frypan, sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil until soft and lightly coloured. Crumble in the ricotta leaving it in fairly large lumps, and fry over a low heat until lightly coloured all over.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and capers and heat through for a couple of minutes.
- Toss through the pasta, Parmesan and parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide between four bowls and serve immediately.
2017 Corte Giara Pinot Grigio (Della Venezie, Italy)
2018 Dalrymple Sauvignon Blanc
(Pipers River, TAS)
2016 Domaine de Ladoucette Pouilly Fume
(Loire Valley, FR)