Recipe: Whiting with Kohlrabi Salad
Pan-Fried Whiting with Kohlrabi, Apple, Pecan & Mint Salad
Serves 4 as an Entree
• 500gm whiting fillets
• plain flour or besan flour for dusting
• vegetable oil for frying
• 200gm kohlrabi, peeled and finely shredded
• 2 granny smith apples, peeled and finely shredded
• 75gm pecans, roughly chopped
• 1 golden shallot, finely sliced
• 1 bunch watercress
• 1/2 cup mint leaves
• 30ml apple cider vinegar
• 1tbs Dijon mustard
• 50ml extra virgin olive oil
• salt and pepper
Dust the whiting fillets in seasoned flour and fry in hot oil until crispy and just cooked through.
Whisk together the vinegar, mustard and olive oil.
Toss together the kohlrabi, apple, pecans, watercress and mint and dress with the cider dressing.
Divide the whiting between four plates and serve the salad on top.