Roast Chicken, Grilled Apricots, Celery Heart, Toasted Almonds and Labneh
Matt Golinski shows us how to make roast chicken that’s light and fresh for those hot summer nights.
- 600gm free range chicken breasts
- 50ml vegetable oil
- 400gm fresh apricots, halved and pits removed
- 50gm almond flakes, toasted
- 1 cup inner celery ribs and leaves, finely sliced
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley
- 1 golden shallot, finely sliced
- 30ml white wine vinegar
- 30ml olive oil
- 50gm honey
- 250gm natural Greek yoghurt
- 1tsp salt
- Whisk together the yoghurt and salt and scrape into a sieve lined with a clean dish cloth. Sit over a bowl and refrigerate until one third of the clear whey liquid has drained from the yoghurt.
- Stir well and refrigerate until needed.
- Season the chicken breasts and sear in vegetable oil in a hot pan until golden all over.
- Transfer to a tray and roast in a 180°C oven for 8 – 10 minutes. Rest for 5 minutes before slicing into 5mm slices.
- Lightly rub apricots with vegetable oil and grill on a char grill pan or BBQ until lightly charred.
- Whisk together the vinegar, olive oil and honey and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss together the chicken, apricots, almonds, celery, parsley leaves and shallot and dress with the honey dressing.
- Divide between 4 plates and serve with dollops of the labneh on top.
Wine to serve
2017 La Vieille Ferme Cotes-du-Luberon Blanc, Rhone Valley FR $18-23
2017 Yalumba Eden Valley Viognier, Eden Valley SA $30-35
2010 Tarrawarra Reserve Chardonnay Cellar Release, Yarra Valley Vic $60-65