Fresh Raspberry and White Chocolate Muffins with Apricot Glaze
Matt Golinski serves us a summer snack with these INseason fresh raspberry muffins.
Makes 12 large muffins
- 450gm self-raising flour
- 225gm caster sugar
- 375ml milk
- 250ml vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 250gm fresh cherries, pitted and halved
- 250gm white chocolate buttons
- 125gm apricots, halved, pitted and roughly chopped
- 125 caster sugar
- 125ml water
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and sugar and make a well in the centre.
- Whisk together the milk, vegetable oil and eggs, then slowly whisk into the flour and sugar mixture to form a smooth batter.
- Gently fold in the cherries and white chocolate.
- Cut out twelve circles of baking paper large enough to fit large muffin tray bases with a couple of centimetres extra at the top.
- Divide the muffin mixture between each of the papers.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Place the apricots, sugar and water into a small saucepan and simmer until the apricots have completely broken down and the liquid has reduced by about half.
- Press through a fine sieve with the back of a spoon and brush onto the tops of the muffins.
- Serve warm with whipped cream. Enjoy!
Wine to serve
NV Angas Brut Moscato, Regional Blend SE Australia $12-17
2017 Wirra Wirra Mrs Wigley Moscato, McLarenvale SA $20-25
2016 Two Hands Brilliant Disguise Moscato, Barossa Valley SA $32-37