Recipe: Roasted Chicken Breast Salad
Roasted Chicken Breast, Smoked Bacon, Green Beans and Dutch Cream Potato Salad
- 400gm skin-on chicken breast
- 200gm smoked bacon rashers, julienned
- 200gm green beans, sliced
- 300gm Dutch cream potatoes, cooked and sliced
- 1 cup frisée or cress
- 1 golden shallot, finely sliced
- ½ cup mixed fresh herbs (parsley, fennel, basil,}
- 1 tbs whole-seed mustard
- 30ml lemon juice
- 75ml olive oil
- salt and pepper
Season the chicken breasts and fry in a hot pan until well coloured all over. Transfer to a baking tray and roast in a 190°C oven for 12 minutes.
Remove from the oven and rest. Fry the bacon until slightly crispy. Blanch the beans in salted boiling water for two minutes and refresh in iced water. Drain.
Whisk together the mustard, lemon juice and olive oil.
Slice the chicken thinly and mix with the bacon, beans, potatoes, frisée, shallot and herbs, and dress with the mustard dressing. Season with salt and cracked black pepper and transfer to a serving bowl.