Recipe: Smoked Ham, Leek & Truffled Brie Quiche
Matt Golinski LOVES creating seasonal recipes using local food – check out this delicious quiche perfect for entertaining this summer.
- 2 sheets ready-rolled shortcrust pastry
- 200gm smoked ham
- 100g Woombye Cheese Truffled Brie, sliced 3mm thick
- 1 leek, washed and diced
- 1 golden shallot, finely diced
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 whole egg
- 4 egg yolks
- 300ml thickened cream
- Pinch nutmeg
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Line a 26cm round or a 13 x 36cm rectangular non-stick quiche tin with the shortcrust pastry, and blind bake at 180ºC for about 20 minutes or until the pastry is just cooked.
- Sweat the leek and shallot in butter until they become soft and tender.
- Whisk together the egg, yolks, cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Scatter the ham and leek/shallot mixture over the bottom of the cooked pastry shell, and pour in the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle with thyme leaves.
- Arrange the slices of Brie on top of the egg mixture.
- Bake at 160ºC for approximately 30 minutes (the egg mixture should be just set).
Serve with our carefully curated wine selections by Tony Cox.