Sensational Salads – Vanillafood Recipe
Nothing says ‘Summer’ like fresh and vibrant salads. Nilla Tomkins from VanillaFood shares one of her favourites from VanillaFood: The Cookbook
Nilla Tomkin’s knack for wholesome and real food that tastes as good as it looks is just one of the reasons that VanillaFood is a must-do foodie destination. Her passion for fresh, organic and vegetarian food that is as good for your body as it is for the planet, proves that to eat well is to be well.
This philosophy is beautifully captured in VanillaFood:The Cookbook with more than 230 pages of recipes, stories and tips and tricks.
All the dishes are delicious, easy-to-prepare and vegetarian; with most of them also gluten and dairy free with plenty of vegan options thrown in for good measure. This is a book that will be much-loved and well-used.
“This bright yellow salad is one of my favourites,” Nilla says in her stunning vegetarian cookbook. “Eat it for lunch or serve it as a side dish.”
Buy VanillaFood: The Cookbook at
Use code: SALE20 for 20% off online sales through summer!
Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower Salad
serves 4 | vegetarian | vegan | gluten free | dairy free
• 1/2 head cauliflower, trimmed and broken into florets
• 2 tablespoons ground turmeric
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 bunch coriander, picked and washed
• 1 cup cooked chickpeas
• Seeds of 1/2 pomegranate
• 1/3 cup activated almonds, roughly chopped
• 1 cup baby spinach
• 10 quarters of Pickled Radish
• 1/2 cup coconut yoghurt (or natural yoghurt)
• Juice of 1/2 a lime
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place cauliflower in a bowl with the turmeric and olive oil. Season to taste and toss to combine. Scatter onto the oven tray and place in oven for 20 minutes or until golden and tender and starting to char at the edges. Set aside to cool.
3. Gently combine coriander, chickpeas, pomegranate, activated almonds and baby spinach in a large bowl.
4. On a salad platter layer the cauliflower, salad mix and dollops of yoghurt.
5. Season with lime juice to taste and serve.